Frequently Asked Questions
Q: WHAT ARE THE TWELVE STEPS TO GETTING A DEALER LICENSE?
A: Watch the video at http://sho.co/17GUL then return to the HOME page and register for an upcoming course.
A: Tampa: (Ramada Inn); Ocoee: (Manheim Florida Auction of Orlando); Orlando: (Manheim Central Florida Auction); Jacksonville: (Adesa Auction of Jacksonville); Tallahassee: (Florida Independent Automobile Dealers Association); Ft. Lauderdale: (Manheim Ft. Lauderdale Auction)
Q: ARE THERE RESOURCES I WILL LEARN ABOUT THAT CAN HELP ME OBTAIN SUCCESS?
A: Division of Motorist Services Regional Administrators; Auction mentors; F.I.A.D.A. dealer mentors; Bonds, Insurance, Dealer Management Systems and many other contacts…
Q: WHAT TIMES DO THEY START AND END:
A 1: Day one 8:30am-4:30pm, Day two 8:30am-4:30pm +/-
A 2: The state allows Franchise (VF) and Wholesale (VW) only applicants to certify in one day. This may be allowed by law but it is a disservice to the new dealer. Please plan to take the two-day course so that you do not get short changed on the knowledge you need. Mr. Myers has been doing this since 1998. The dealer is still held responsible for rules, laws and statutes as well as keeping up-to-date. If you have a partner, it is in your best interest that they attend as well.
Q: HOW MUCH ARE THEY?
A: $155.00 preregistration / prepay discount price (or) $180 cash at the door, if there is seating available.
Q: WHAT DATES ARE THEY HELD IN MY PART OF THE STATE?
A: Choose the SCHEDULE button on the Home page for scheduled dates and registration.
Q: WHAT TYPES OF QUESTIONS ARE COVERED IN CLASS?
– What is required to receive a Dealer’s license? See the video-hotlink above.
– Where can I obtain Bonding, Insurance, etc?
– How much Bonding, Insurance, etc., is required?
– What sales tax requirements are unique to this industry alone?
– What are the basics of a good business plan?
– What if I want to buy or sell in a state outside Florida?
– How does the GLB PRIVACY ACT affect my business?
– How do the RED FLAG RULES Affect my business?
-Do I really have to research all buyers against the (SDN) Specially Designated Nationals list, before I sell them a vehicle?
– Are there really three reports required when I receive over $10,000 in cash?